Fannin County School System Technology Center
130 Rebel Circle | Blue Ridge, Georgia 30513
Office: 706-258-2791 | Fax: 706-258-3748
Instructional Technology Website
Technology tools are woven in almost all aspects of our daily life, and educational experiences should not be an outlier. Technology is no longer a tool that enhances education, it has become the medium in which we design, deliver, and assess academic expectations. Aligning with the mission of the Fannin County School System- “Developing Young Futures; learning for tomorrow, today”- the technology department seeks to provide the infrastructure, tools, and technical support to empower 21st learners as they collaborate, create, and contribute to a technically advanced society.
The vision of the Fannin County School System is to achieve a 100% graduation rate with successful student progression at each level. This vision can only be realized with support from the district leadership that implements policies and programs that support growth at every level. The integration of technology in teaching and learning is a fundamental component of all existing district and school improvement plans. The district’s continuous improvement plan acts as an umbrella for all improvement efforts and is aligned around the three Strategic Objectives of the Fannin County School District: 1) Attaining High Student Achievement & Success; 2) Developing Organizational Effectiveness; and 3) Ensuring Stakeholder Support and Satisfaction. Technology is regarded as all-inclusive in the performance of these three objectives, and they guide the vision of the Fannin County School System Technology Department, which is:
- To provide ALL stakeholders the opportunity to collaborate, create, and contribute to the global society through the use of technology and access to information;
- To provide the tools and support that allow students to engage in rigorous academic work through personalized learning that includes access to online learning, media-rich resources, and digital tools;
- To support instructional practices that integrate technology so that students, parents, and educators have more flexibility over the time, place, path, and pace of learning;
- To provide access to reliable programs that connect information, such as an electronic grade book linked to a secure parent portal, to keep stakeholders informed of student matters, such as academic progress, discipline, and attendance;
- To keep stakeholders informed through social media, websites and other technologies, such as web portals, email, SMS, and telecommunications systems;
- To continue working toward the realization of a one to one environment where students’ learning is not dictated by scheduled access to technology, but rather in real time initiated by students when and where they need it;
- To ensure equal opportunities for all students, including those with special needs or who are members of disadvantaged subgroups; through providing training and tools that support a Universal Design for Learning;
- Provide training and support to stakeholders that guide them to being Digital Citizens that practice safe, responsible, and legal use of technology;
- Provide a robust, reliable network along with a dependable wireless network that supports multiple mobile devices per user;
- Stay current with new technologies and replace aging ones, while maintaining a sustainable inventory that is provided by a variety of funding sources all the while being good stewards of taxpayer monies.